Ranking among the highest rated violins in its category, we review the Ricard-Bunnel G2 Violin Outfit to see if it truly does produce superior sound quality, as compared to violins sold within the same price range.
The Bunnel G2 Violin Outfit at a Glance:
The Ricard Bunnel G2 Review: Does this Kennedy Violin Stand Up to a Closer Look?
Kennedy Violins have consistently delivered fantastic customer service throughout the United States. They have their own professional luthiers to complete the final assembly and setup This violin comes completely assembled and is already set up, so no effort is required from the player.
It is handcrafted with solid spruced tone wood and maple. Delivered with an oil finish that looks great, the Ricard Bunnel G2 has 100% genuine ebony fittings, pegs, and fingerboard. The kit comes with a high-grade Brazil wood bow that is strong and responsive.
This durable bow uses real Mongolian horsehair to generate smooth, full tones. It has genuine mother-of-pearl accents and is metal mounted with a real ebony frog.
We certainly hope you benefit from the information we provide in this article! Just so you know, we may receive compensation if you use the links on this page. If you do, thank you so much!
Designed with a hand-carved, custom-fitted maple bridge, this violin is oil finished and hand rubbed. It uses D’Addario Prelude Strings measured to precise height to improve playability.Delivered with a lifetime warranty, the Ricard Bunnel is also backed by a 45-day money-back guarantee.
This violin is packed into a durable oblong case that has additional storage space and stays secure with genuine YKK zippers.
The kit is complete with all necessary accessories and fittings to play this violin out of the box. Its clip-on tuner is a handy tool for beginners to start practice sessions quickly and without much effort. This inexpensive violin is great for practice and is quite easy to play.
Superior Features of the Ricard Bunnel G2
- Comes with dimensions of 40.1” x 12.1” x 7.6”
- Weighs a solid 7.3 lbs.
- Designed with a custom-fit, hand-carved bridge made of maple tone wood
- Fitted with 100% ebony fingerboard, fittings, and pegs
- Has an oil-based finish that is hand rubbed into the wood
- Comes with D’Addario Prelude strings
- Ensures comfortable playability with accurately measured string heights
- Backed by a lifetime warranty and 45-day money-back guarantee
- Exceeds standards sets by MENC and Suzuki
- Comes with a responsive, strong, and high-grade Brazil wood bow
- Produces a full, smooth tone with durable and real Mongolian horsehair
- Has a bow with genuine mother-of-pearl accents
- Comes with a metal-mounted and real ebony frog
- Includes a durable case with a music pocket, straps, and genuine YKK zippers
- Delivered with built-in fine tuners, rosin, set of Portland strings, & polishing cloth
- Comes with an “Intro to Violin” book
How Does the G2 Sound?
Pros and Cons
Ricard-Bunnel G2 Violin Outfit Review
What We Like
- Stays set even after remaining idle for long periods of time
- Comes with a gorgeous glossy finish
- Has a very comfortable shoulder rest as well as a wonderful clip-on tuner
- Delivered in an oblong case that accommodates the shoulder rest and sheet music
- Comes with a humidity gauge within the case, so storage changes can be made
- Fitted with a wooden shoulder rest for added comfort
- Has a bridge that is already in the right position
- Delivered with a bow that is smooth and without any sharp edges
What We Don’t Like
- Has a chin rest that may cause a dent in the violin
- The “f” hole may have a visible carving defect at times
- Needs practice to prevent the pegs from slipping
Compare featured instruments:
Final Thoughts: Does The Bunnel G2 Violin Represent A Good Value?
The Ricard-Bunnel Violin 4/4 Outfit is one of the most highly rated violins at its price range producing superior sound quality. With their own luthiers assembling and setting this violin, some minor finishing defects on the “f” hole and where the shoulder rest fits on to the violin can be easily ignored.
They have an excellent customer service, so errors in the violin’s assembly and in the way it reproduces sound can be resolved without delay. It’s glossy, hand-crafted finish is a sight to behold. Beginners playing this violin for the first time will be amazed by the ease at which the bow moves over the strings.
The Ricard Bunnel comes with all essential spares including an extra set of Portland strings and rosin. It has a genuine wooden shoulder rest providing great comfort to players. It also comes with pegs, 100% genuine ebony fittings and fingerboard.
The violin’s beautiful mother-of-pearl accents complement its design along with the hand-carved maple bridge. Its D’Addario Prelude strings adjust at the right height to improve playability.
Delivered in a case that easily accommodates a raised shoulder rest, the Ricard-Bunnel violin has great appeal. Even though users may tend to ignore some of its effective accessories, its clip-on tuner is extremely useful for beginners; users can begin playing this violin right out of the box.
This inexpensive instrument plays with a warm and lively tone, great for practice and performances. All in all, this is a good violin for serious players.
- Build Quality
- Sound Quality
- Value Factor