At a Glance:
- 4/4 (Full Size) violin with solid wood spruce top, maple back, neck and sides with beautiful varnish finish & inlaid purfling
- Ebony fingerboard, pegs and chin rest, with an alloy tailpiece
- 2 x Brazil wood bows with unbleached genuine Mongolian horsehair
- Includes: Lightweight hard case, adjustable shoulder rest, 2 bridges, quality rosin cake, and an extra set of violin strings.
- 1 Year Warranty Against Manufacturer's Defects
With its strikingly good design and amazing color combination, the Mendini MV400 Ebony Fitted Solid Wood Violin has a vibrant and bright tone capable of generating energetic and crisp sounds. The MV400 is perfect for beginners and intermediate violinists, offering them a clear and responsive violin that is not just easy to play, but also extremely easy to handle.
Made of a solid-wood, hand-carved spruce top, its back and sides are also made of hand-carved solid maple wood. Perfectly varnished, this exquisite violin has inlaid purfling, four built-in fine tuners, ebony pegs and fingerboard, an alloy tailpiece, and a chin rest to create the perfect playing experience.
Buyers receive two Brazil-wood bows fitted with original unbleached Mongolian horsehair. They are also provided a quality rosin cake, an adjustable shoulder rest, two bridges, and a spare set of violin strings.
The Mendini MV400 comes with a very light form-fitting hard case with an inner soft-cloth sheet to wrap the violin in. Users can easily carry this case to their orchestra or violin school. The carry case has enough space in its pockets for accessories and spare strings. This is one of those popular violins recommended by teachers. Since the 4/4 violin is the biggest in its class, it is mostly used by adults.
- Has dimensions of 35” x 5” x 12”
- Weighs just 5 lbs.
- Delivered as a 4/4 full-size violin
- Made of solid wood spruced top
- Comes with maple wood neck, back, and sides
- Has an attractive finish with inlaid purfling
- Designed with ebony chin rest, fingerboard, and pegs
- Comes with an alloy tailpiece
- Offers two Brazil wood bows with genuine unbleached Mongolian horsehair
- Comes with a one-year warranty against manufacturing defects
- Includes an extra set of strings and a quality rosin cake
- Delivered in a light hard case with an inner protective velvet cloth
- Has two bridges and an adjustable shoulder rest
- Sold as an inexpensive violin that performs extremely well
- Delivered as a great instrument for those starting out
- Comes with a well-matched and aligned bridge, tuning pegs, sound post, and action
- Has original Mongolian horsehair strings that perform very well
- Designed with quality bows of different weights to assist users at different levels
- Delivered in a handy hard case with medium-size pockets in front to hold accessories
- Allows users to push and rotate tuning pegs until they remain in position
- Delivered with fine tuners that work extremely well at getting the right pitch
- Made of reasonable quality ebony solid wood that can resist damage
- Delivered in a full-size 4/4, which is ideal for adult players
- Preferred by professional players who travel
- Comes with a perfectly finished shine with black line details along the border
- Delivered with the bridge already installed and set on the violin
- Varnished in a deep orange red color that looks amazing
- Tuned to have a bright and very open sound with a smooth tone
- Delivered with an extra bridge as a precautionary measure
- Provides great value for money considering its vibrant tone and tonal quality
- Sold as a beginner violin that needs tuning expertise
- Delivered with poor-quality bows that tend to wobble
- Comes with several manufacturing defects on the body
- Has a very cheap shoulder rest
If you consider the price at which it is sold, the Mendini Fitted Violin Outfit with Strings is a wonderful violin for beginners. However, the initial setting is a bit difficult and needs an expert to help beginners. This violin looks great with its deep orange-red varnished body and parts with a consistent quality finish. It delivers excellent open sound with smooth tonal quality.
This violin is actually meant for beginners who have joined professional violin classes, as they are likely to need the help of their tutor to consistently set the strings. Its energetic and crisp sounds will encourage beginners to learn.
The Mendini MV400 Ebony Fitted Solid Wood Violin has solid, hand-carved, maple wood sides and back, with an extremely elegant spruced-up top that makes it easy to handle and play this violin. Delivered in a form-fitting hard case, it comes with accessories that easily fit into a front pocket of its hard case, which, incidentally, also comes with a linen cloth to cover the violin.
The bows are a big disappointment. You may have to ignore the few dings and imperfections that appear on the surface. Otherwise, this is a great working violin with built-in tuners and alloy tailpiece, chin rest, and ebony fingerboard and pegs. Some effort is needed to apply rosin on the strings at first. Users may also have to learn how to push and rotate the strings until they are tuned reasonably well.
Top Rated Violin Accessories: