In this expert review, we find out if the Mendini MV400 Ebony Fitted Solid Wood Violin has the best qualities that match it’s intended design.
Mendini MV400 Violin Outfit At a Glance:
MV400 Mendini Review – What You Need to Know Before Buying
With its strikingly good design and amazing color combination, the Mendini MV400 Violin Oufit has a vibrant and bright tone capable of generating energetic and crisp sounds.
What you can expect
The MV400 is perfect for beginners and intermediate violinists, offering them a clear and responsive violin that is not just easy to play, but also extremely easy to handle.
Made of a solid-wood, hand-carved spruce top, its back and sides are also made of hand-carved solid maple wood.
Perfectly varnished, this exquisite violin has inlaid purfling, four built-in fine tuners, ebony pegs and fingerboard, an alloy tailpiece, and a chin rest to create the perfect playing experience.
Buyers receive two Brazil-wood bows fitted with original unbleached Mongolian horsehair. They are also provided a quality rosin cake, an adjustable shoulder rest, two bridges, and a spare set of violin strings.
The Mendini MV400 manufactured by CecilioMusic.com comes with a very light form-fitting hard case with an inner soft-cloth sheet to wrap the violin in.
Users can easily carry this case to their orchestra or violin school. The carry case has enough space in its pockets for accessories and spare strings.
This is one of those popular violins recommended by teachers. Since the 4/4 violin is the biggest in its class, it is mostly used by adults.
Features of the Mendini MV400
- Has dimensions of 35” x 5” x 12”
- Weighs just 5 lbs.
- Delivered as a 4/4 full-size violin
- Made of solid wood spruced top
- Comes with maple wood neck, back, and sides
- Has an attractive finish with inlaid purfling
- Designed with ebony chin rest, fingerboard, and pegs
- Comes with an alloy tailpiece
- Offers two Brazil wood bows with genuine unbleached Mongolian horsehair
- Comes with a one-year warranty against manufacturing defects
- Includes an extra set of strings and a quality rosin cake
- Delivered in a light hard case with an inner protective velvet cloth
- Has two bridges and an adjustable shoulder rest
- Comes with a well-matched and aligned bridge, tuning pegs, sound post, and action
- Designed with quality bows of different weights to assist users at different levels
- Comes with a perfectly finished shine with black line details along the border
- Varnished in a deep orange red color that looks amazing
- Tuned to have a bright and very open sound with a smooth tone
Pros and Cons
Mendini MV400 Solid Wood Violin
- Sold as an inexpensive violin that performs extremely well
- Delivered as a great instrument for those starting out
- Has original Mongolian horsehair strings that perform very well
- Allows users to push and rotate tuning pegs until they remain in position
- Delivered with fine tuners that work extremely well at getting the right pitch
- Made of reasonable quality ebony solid wood that can resist damage
- Delivered in a full-size 4/4, which is ideal for adult players
- Preferred by professional players who travel
- Delivered with the bridge already installed and set on the violin
- Delivered with an extra bridge as a precautionary measure
- Provides great value for money considering its vibrant tone and quality
- Sold as a beginner violin that needs tuning expertise
- Delivered with poor-quality bows that tend to wobble
- Comes with several manufacturing defects on the body
- Has a very cheap shoulder rest
How does the MV400 violin sound?
What we didn’t like:
The bows are a big disappointment. You may have to ignore the few dings and imperfections that appear on the surface. Otherwise, this is a great working violin with built-in tuners and alloy tailpiece, chin rest, and ebony fingerboard and pegs.
Some effort is needed to apply rosin on the strings at first. Users may also have to learn how to push and rotate the strings until they are tuned reasonably well.
Compare these featured violin outfits:
If you consider the price at which it is sold, the Mendini Fitted Violin Outfit is a wonderful violin for beginners. However, the initial setting is a bit difficult and needs an expert to help a new violinist.
This violin looks great with its deep orange-red varnished body and parts with a consistent quality finish. It delivers excellent open sound with smooth tonal quality.
This violin is actually meant for beginners who have joined professional violin classes, as they are likely to need the help of their tutor to consistently set the strings. Its energetic and crisp sounds will encourage beginners to learn.
The Mendini MV400 Violin has solid, hand-carved, maple wood sides and back, with an extremely elegant spruced-up top that makes it easy to handle and play this violin.
Delivered in a form-fitting hard case, it comes with accessories that easily fit into a front pocket of its hard case, which, incidentally, also comes with a linen cloth to cover the violin.
About: Teacher approved Cecilio CVN-300 orchestra violin is perfect for beginner to intermediate violinist.
Top Rated Violin Accessories: