Does the Cecilio CVN-300 violin outfit provide good value? Find out in our expert review of this entry level instrument for new violinists.
The Cecilio CVN-300 Violin at a Glance:
Cecilio CVN-300 Review – Does It Live Up To The Hype?
The Cecilio brand is among the most popular makers of great, quality violins.
This is a violin known for its warm notes, great for violinists who are just starting out. Cecilio CVN-300 is also an excellent choice if you are on a budget and in need of an affordable violin with a reasonable quality and good sound.
The Cecilio CVN-300 Violin is a great choice for an entry-level violin because it offers a complete outfit with extras included that you may have to purchase separately when you buy other violin brands.
Also, even though the violin is sold at an affordable price, quality materials are still used to ensure that all aspects of the violin are of good quality.
It is also a versatile violin that you can easily use as a student starting out with the instrument and when you start progressing, the Cecilio CVN-300 Solidwood Violin will grow with you and you can use it as it with little or no upgrading needed.
Features of the CVN-300 Outfit
- Product dimension: 32” x 12” x 5”
- Product weight: 5 pounds
- Size: 4/4 (full size)
- 1/8 orchestra-style violin featuring inlaid purfling and antique varnishing
- Aged maple back—for durability
- Aged spruce top—for good sound transmission
- Ebony fittings used for the pegs, fingerboard, tailpiece and chinrest for durability to withstand frequent movements
- Includes 2 bowsin the package made from Brazil wood, unbleached Mongolian horse hair, and a spare bridge
- Features 4 fine tuners that are removable and nickel plated
- Comes strung with D’Addario Prelude strings
- Outfit includes extra set of strings, hard shell case with rubber feet, rosin cake, adjustable shoulder rest, and lesson book
- Offers 1-year warranty for manufacturer’s defects
Also for starting out violinists, the Mendini 4/4 MV500 + 92D violin is a great choice for a quality violin with an affordable price tag. It produces medium quality tones with a nice pitch. It features ebony-made fittings such as the fingerboard, chin rest, pegs and tailpiece, and four removable fine tuners.
Another great thing about the make of this violin is that it is handcrafted from a single piece of wood to minimize errors during construction. It also has a classy and elegant look to it from the glossy finish usually seen in violins used in orchestras.
The outfit of the Mendini MV500 also includes high-quality rosin cake, a lightweight case for easily transporting the violin and a spare set of strings.
Other inclusions this violin offers are 2D chromatic/string tuner with metronome, 2 Brazil wood violin bows with unbleached Mongolian horse hair, a spare bridge and an adjustable shoulder rest.
This model of factory made instruments by Cecilio is a little bit more expensive compared to the usual price range entry-level violins, but with the quality of its make and considering that you can still use this violin, even when you progress to a more advanced level, the increased price point is understandable.
How Does the CVN-300 Violin Sound?
Another affordable option for a violin beginner outfit is the ADM Full Size Handmade Acoustic Violin. Carrying the traditional red-brown gloss, this violin is made of seasoned valued woods for great quality sound and an elegant F hole for great resonance.
It features a hand carved solid spruce top, seasoned maple sides and back with hand-inlayed purfling and ebonized rosewood finger board, chin rest and pegs. For the tailpiece, this violin uses an alloy in making its 4 built-in fine tuners, and has 4 steel strings.
Other inclusions that the outfit offers are a shaped foam carrying case made of luggage-grade nylon for the outer covering and for the interior, plush padding is provided.
It also includes 2 Brazil wood violin bows with unbleached horse hair, rosin, two bridges, and a spare set of strings. It also has fingerboard stickers and a shoulder strap.
Included with the CVN 300:
Pros and Cons
Cecilio CVN 300 Violin Outfit Review
- An ideal violin for beginners as well as more advanced players because it is easy to play and can be used for quite a few years as it is, without having to upgrade it
- Cost-effective and affordable
- Adequately aged wood ensures that the materials used are well dried and will not unnecessarily warp. It also ensures that the violin will produce a reliable sound quality, and will be durable enough to withstand constant use
- The fine tuner provided is easily used for tuning, even by beginners. It is also made of premium-quality nickel to make it durable
- Stock strings are made of good quality materials with just the right amount of tension
- The hard case provided ensures that the violin is easy to transport and also safe when carried around
- Includes an extra bow and bridge in case the one you are using gets broken
- According to a few people who used this product, it does not handle heat changes very well and can be easily broken
- Needs to be tuned often
- Some had their strings easily snap
- Great for beginners, but for more advanced players, you may have to look for a better quality violin
Compare featured violin outfits:
It sounds great and the inclusions provided by the outfit are not only many, but also made of quality materials. Plus, it provides a hard case which makes your violin secure when you transport it.
About: Teacher approved Cecilio CVN-300 orchestra violin is perfect for beginner to intermediate violinist.
Top Violin Accessories: