At a Glance:
- 4/4 (Full Size) violin with solid hand-carved 1-piece maple back, neck and side, solid hand-carved spruce top with beautiful varnish finish & inlaid purfling
- Ebony fingerboard, pegs chin rest, and tailpiece with 4 detachable fine tuners
- Cecilio 92D chromatic / string tuner with metronome, 2 x Brazil wood bows with unbleached genuine Mongolian horsehair
- Includes: Lightweight hard case, adjustable shoulder rest, 2 bridges, quality rosin cake, and an extra set of violin strings.
- 1 Year Warranty Against Manufacturer's Defects
Aesthetically designed to have a flamed look, the Mendini 4/4 MV500+92D Flamed Violin sounds great and looks great too. Made from solid wood construction, this wooden instrument can withstand constant use well enough.
Priced higher than most entry-level violins, the Mendini 4/4 MV500 has an overall better tone and pitch quality resembling what you hear on more expensive models.
Features of the Mendini 4/4 MV500+92D Flamed Violin
- Product dimensions: 32” x 6” x 13”
- Product weight: 5 pounds
- Full size (4/4)
- The back is made from solid, hand-carved single piece of maple wood including the sides
- For the front part, solid hand carved spruce is used
- Glossy finish. The whole violin is finished with varnish and has inlaid purfling
- For the fingerboard, chin rest, pegs and tailpiece, ebony, known for its durability was used
- The tail piece has 4 detachable fine tuners with mother of pearl inlay
- Also features Cecilio 92D chromatic, string tuner with metronome
- Other inclusions: 2 Brazilian wood bows with unbleached Mongolian horse hair, lightweight hard case with blanket, an adjustable shoulder rest with soft, foam padding and rubber feet, 2 spare bridges, rosin cake, and a spare set of violin strings
- 1-year warranty. Offers a year of warranty for defects caused by the manufacturing process
- Although factory made, the back is handcrafted from a single piece of maple wood to ensure extra precision and less room for damage or errors
- According to most people who reviewed this product, the sound quality and depth produced by this violin is of great quality
- Has a nice and classy finish
- Budget friendly
- The hard case is lightweight and secures the violin well
- Wood pegs that do not unnecessarily slip
- Plenty of useful inclusions are offered with the whole package
- According to people who reviewed the product, the sound is great and the strings hold their tune for weeks before needing to be tuned again
- The violin comes completely set up, with the bridge in place, upon delivery—which is not always the case for other violins
- Some people who reviewed the product said that the bows are not correctly weighted, which can make playing the violin a bit heavy handed
- For some of the people who reviewed this product, the violin and the hard case that comes with the set is great. However, other accessories like the rosin, strings and bows need more improvement on the quality
- Some of the fittings and strings easily broke with the slightest use, according to a few people who bought it
Overall, the Mendini violins by Cecilio are great factory-made violins that work well for beginners.
The Mendini 4/4 MV500+92D Flamed Violin, in particular, is more expensive compared to other entry-level violins, but don’t let the higher price keep you from considering this model as your beginner violin because you are assured that the Mendini 4/4 MV500+92D Flamed Violin will perform well and hold up well even with constant use.
Another low-cost violin that you may want to try out is the ADM 4/4 Full Size Handmade Wooden Acoustic Violin Outfit. It is an affordable beginner pack for students with limited budgets to start on their violin journey. It is made from solid wood, and has an appealing dark brown finish to it for a more traditional look.
The top is hand carved from solid spruce and the back and sides are made from solid maple. It features hand-inlayed purfling with ebonized pegs and chin rest.
And has an alloy tailpiece with 4 built-in fine tuners. Other inclusions offered in the outfit are: shaped foam case with a nylon exterior and some padding on the inside, a spare violin bow made of Brazil wood and unbleached horse hair, an extra bridge, one rosin cake, an extra set of strings, fingerboard stickers and a shoulder strap.
If you are looking for a more premium quality violin, the Cecilio CVN-500 is a step up from entry-level violins as this is more suitable for advanced players. It has a hand carved, solid spruce top with a solid flamed maple back and sides that are also hand carved as well.
For the fittings such as the fingerboard, chin rest, pegs and tailpiece, durable ebony is used to ensure that this instrument will last for years to come. The tailpiece also has 4 detachable fine tuners that are nickel-plated to make it sturdier. It also features inlaid purfling and is brushed with a satin antique finish for an elegant look. The violin comes strung with D’Addario Prelude strings.
For the bow, Brazil wood and genuine unbleached horse hair is used. Other inclusions that come with the outfit are: lightweight form-fitting hard case, an extra violin bow, also made from Brazil wood and unbleached horse hair, a spare violin bridge, and quality rosin cake.
Aside from these inclusions, you also get 1-year manufacturer’s warranty for defects caused by the manufacturer.
If your budget permits you to invest in a good-quality violin, the Cecilio CVN-500 is a great choice because this will allow you to still be able to use your violin even when you have progressed to a more intermediate level.
Recommended Violin Accessories: