At a Glance:
- Size 4/4, style 1 electric / silent violin in black metallic varnish (full size)
- Hand-carved solid maple wood body with ebony fingerboard, pegs, chin rest and tailpiece with mother of pearl inlay
- Powered by a 9V Alkaline battery (included)
- Includes: lightweight hard case, Brazil wood bow with unbleached genuine Mongolian horsehair, quality rosin cake, a bridge, aux cable, and headphones
- 1 Year Warranty Against Manufacturer's Defects
One of the biggest problems for beginning violin students is that they sound pretty bad, and they don’t really want others to hear them until they have at least mastered a simple song. But, they have to practice, so others are bound to hear them, mistakes and all.
The solution to this problem is to get your beginner an electric violin, such as the Cecilio 4/4 CEVN-1BK solid wood electric violin.
Only the student is going to hear it through their headphones, until they are ready to plug it into an amp and let others hear how they are progressing.
Features of the Cecilio CEVN-1BK
The CEVN-1BK is a 4/4 electric violin sports a black metallic varnish finish, with a hand-carved body made from solid maple. The fingerboard, pets, chin rest, and tailpiece are made from ebony, and there is also a mother of pearl inlay. You don’t have to worry about plugging this violin into an amp to use it, as it is battery-operated. Just plug in the headphones and start playing.
Everything needed for beginners to be able to start playing right away is in this bundle, including:
- CEVN-1BK electric violin
- Brazil wood bow with unbleached, genuine Mongolian horsehair
- Rosin cake
- Aux cable
- 9-volt alkaline battery
- Hard case
While playing, students can use the line-in jack to practice with background tracks. In addition to playing silently with the headphones, this violin can be plugged into most amplifiers with the aux cable. The volume control allows the musician to choose just the right ambience for every piece they play.
Some of our favorite features about this electric violin include:
- This violin has a unique shape, making it look as great as it sounds. It combines the latest innovation in instrument technology and hand-crafted art, making this a violin that is going to appeal to a variety of musicians
- The sound is full and rounded, thanks to the hand-carved, solid maple body, even though sections that would normally be made of wood are carved out so there are spaces between the various instrument parts
- The back pickup lets the player run a cord for amplification when they are ready to show off what they have learned, and they can control the volume and control from this area of the violin
- Equalizer knobs allow musicians to set the ideal tone, so there are no issues with too much bass or too much treble. The sound is going to be just right
- You can link this violin to effects pedals, giving the musician virtually unlimited creativity with their music
Compare these electric violins:
Playing with effects
In addition to being able to use various effects pedals with this electric violin, musicians can also enjoy some cool built-in effects, including flange effects that create some pretty unique sounds. For the heavy metal enthusiast, plugging it in and using a lot of distortion is going to give them just the sound they are looking for.
- One-year warranty against any manufacturer defects
- Bundle package comes with headphones and aux cable for immediate play
- Perfect for violinists of all levels, including beginners
- Built-in flange and volume control give musicians a new level of creativity
- There may be issues with the pickups, and they will need to be repaired
- This electric violin is not silent as advertised. When unplugged, it makes a tinny sound
- No chin rest is included, so it is not actually ready to play when you open the box
- This is heavier than a traditional violin, so it may not be best for younger children
Another issue to be aware of is the bow. The bow strings have been known to snap, which is likely due to the way that it is packaged. The hairs are also not genuine horsehair. You may want to invest in a better-quality bow to match the quality of this electric violin.
If you have a beginning violin student who needs a decent quality instrument to learn and practice on, the Cecilio CEVN-1BK electric violin is definitely an option you should consider. Not only is this a great student violin, its great sound makes it the choice of a number of more experienced violinists.
This bundle comes with just about everything needed to start playing. The only thing missing is an amp, and you can pick a small amp up at any music store for less than $50. This is a quality instrument that beginners can grow with, and they will be using it for many years to come.