For Those Looking for an Electric Violin
If you are considering buying an electric violin, but you don’t want to spend a lot of money, we have three great options that cost less than $200, and will satisfy all of your needs.
No longer is the violin a strictly acoustic instrument. Today, there are many different makes and models of electric violins which are great for students because they are so quiet.
Unless you have them plugged into an amplifier, no one is going to hear you practice. You can use headphones when you want to play quietly, or unplug the headphones and let everyone listen to what you are learning and how well you are progressing.
Great Electric Violin Choices at a Glance:
|Cecilio 4/4CEVN-2BK Solid Wood Electric/Silent Violin with Ebony Fittings in Style 2 - Full Size -...||500 Reviews||$129.99 $119.99|
|Kinglos 4/4 White Blue Flower Colored Solid Wood Intermediate-A Electric / Silent Violin Kit with...||20 Reviews||$219.99 from $173.99|
|Bunnel EDGE Electric Violin Outfit Jet Black Amp Included||95 Reviews||from $299.89|
Cecilio 4/4 CEVN-2BK Solid Wood Electric/Silent Violin
Here is an electric violin that looks as awesome as it sounds. The Cecilio 4/4 CEVN-2BK has a hand-carved, solid maple body, with an ebony fingerboard, volume control, chin rest, and tailpiece. The finish is black metallic, and it has a mother of pearl inlay that really stands out.
This electric violin is full size, and operated by a 9-volt battery, which is included in the bundle package. Everything you need to start playing right out of the box is included, so you don’t have to go out and purchase any extras. This is a great electric violin for beginners, and many intermediate and senior students also enjoy playing on it, along with a number of professionals.
- Size 4/4, style 2 electric / silent violin in black metallic varnish (full size)
- Hand-carved solid maple wood body with ebony fingerboard, pegs, chin rest and tailpiece with mother of pearl inlay
- Powered by a 9V Alkaline battery (included)
- Includes: lightweight hard case, Brazil wood bow with unbleached genuine Mongolian horsehair, quality rosin cake, a bridge, aux cable, and headphones
- 1 Year Warranty Against Manufacturer's Defects
- This is a bundle package, and it includes the Cecilio CEVN-2BK violin, a Brazil wood bow with unbleached, genuine Mongolian horsehair, a rosin cake, a bridge, an auxillary cable, headphones, and a lightweight hard case.
- This electric violin has a 1/8 inch output jack, so you can connect it to pretty much any guitar amplifiers and PA systems. There is also a headphone jack, as well as a line-in jack for background tracks.
- The volume control lets you choose how loud or quiet you want to play when plugged into an amplifier or using the headphones.
- This violin comes with a one-year warranty, protecting you against damage caused by manufacturer defects.
- This is an electric violin that is reasonably priced, and ideal for students as well as violinists of all levels.
- You can use the line-in jack to play backing tracks while you practice. This is a great way to really be able to learn.
- There have been issues with the build quality of this electric violin. For instance, there have been problems with the tailpiece nut snapping, making it impossible to screw back into place.
- There have been problems with the volume. In some cases, it is the headphones, but in others, it is with the actual volume control on the instrument.
- This instrument can be difficult to tune, and there are also problems with it slipping out of tune often.
Whether you want to use this electric violin from Cecilio for practicing or performing, it is sure to satisfy all of your needs. It offers an outstanding sound quality, and you can practice in silence with the headphones until you have pieces down and are ready to show off what you have learned, and you won’t be disturbing anyone while you practice. The bundle comes with everything you need, including an amp, so you can start playing as soon as it arrives.
Kinglos 4/4 White Blue Flower Colored Solid Wood Intermediate-A Electric / Silent Violin Kit
If you prefer something on the more quirky side, at least when it comes to appearance, the Kinglos 4/5 White Blue Flower Colored solid wood, intermediate electric/silent violin is definitely going to be of interest to you. This violin looks as awesome as it sounds, thanks to the patented coloring technology that locates and docks networks of wood and pigment.
This is a violin that is going to perfectly suit your quirky nature, and you will not be disappointed with its performance. It has a hand-carved, solid spruce body, and the fingerboard, chin rest, pegs, and tailpiece are made from ebony. It also has four detachable fine tuners, and a DV-9 active pickup with volume and tone tuners.
- With patented coloring technology of locating and docking the networks of pigment and wood, Kinglos makes traditional electric violins more beautiful and individualized
- Hand-carved solid spruce body with ebony fingerboard, pegs, chin rest, and tailpiece with 4 detachable fine tuners
- Pick-up system: DV-9 active pick-up, with tuners of volume and tone, sockets of line out, mic and phone, on-off
- Powered by a 9V alkaline battery (not included). Outfit Includes: case, bow, rosin, aux cable, shoulder rest, extra bridge and set of strings
- If you order from Kinglos, please ignore Amazon estimated delivery date. Normally it only take 5-14 days to receive your order from China. 98% orders will be arrived within 20 days.
- This electric violin features line-out, microphone and haedphone sockets, so you can not only plug it into an amplifier, but also use backing tracks to practice with. There is also an on-off switch, and it is powered by a 9-volt alkaline battery.
- Even though it is painted, the technology used ensures that this violin is going to retain its guaranteed resonance and tone. You will be producing awesome sound, with an even more awesome visual effect.
- This violin has adjusting capabilities for both mixed voice and volume, with a standard ¼ inch output jack. You can plug this violin into just about any amplifier or PA system and start playing right away.
- This is a bundle package that comes with everything you need to begin playing the instrument right away. It comes with the violin, a case, a bow made with Brazil wood and quality horsehair, an ebony frog, a suede pad, a cupronickel winding, an aux cable, a shoulder rest, two bridges, and two sets of strings.
- Here is something that you won’t find with many other violin manufacturers. Once you receive your violin, take a photo of yourself or someone else playing it, and receive $5 when you send it in to Kinglos.
- This is a lightweight violin, weighing in at just 1.3 pounds. This is a lot lighter than a traditional violin, and may be a better option for younger players.
- The pegs tend to be loose, which makes it difficult to tune this violin, and once tuned, it doesn’t always stay in tune well.
- The paint used doesn’t seem to be of the best quality, and there have been instances of the paint chipping off within a couple of months of use.
- The bridge is quite tall, which means that the action on the strings might be too high for those who are just learning how to play.
If you want to play with amazing sound quality, and look awesome while you are doing it, the Kinglos 4/5 White Blue Flower Colored electric violin is an option you need to seriously consider. It is ideal for players of all levels, from beginner to professional, and can be played silently while you are practicing.
Bunnel EDGE Electric Violin Outfit Jet Black Amp Included
Kennedy violins are known for having the highest-rated violins on Amazon, and the EDGE electric violin is definitely one of those violins. This instrument is hand-crafted with a body of solid maple, as well as pure ebony fittings and a piezo ceramic pickup.
The final assembly is performed by professional Kennedy Violins luthiers, right in Vancouver, Washington, and arrives at your door with absolutely no assembly required. It is ready to play the minute you take it out of the box. This bundle comes with everything you need to start playing right away, and is ideal for violinists of all levels, from beginner to professional.
- Highest-rated violins on Amazon and #1 rated customer service in the U.S.
- The only stringed instruments backed by a lifetime warranty and 45-day money-back guarantee.
- Final assembly and setup performed by Kennedy Violins' professional luthiers in Washington State.
- Completely setup with no assembly required. Ready to play the moment you open the case!
- Handcrafted with solid maple body, 100% ebony fittings & piezo ceramic pickup. Outfit includes everything you need: mini-amp, headphones, instrument cable, Portland Oblong case, genuine Brazilwood bow, rosin, D'Addario Prelude strings, and polishing cloth.
- Kennedy Violins is the only company that provides both a lifetime warranty and a 45-day, money-back guarantee on all of their stringed instruments. If you aren’t completely satisfied, contact customer service to have all of your concerns dealt with.
- This electric violin bundle package comes complete with the EDGE electric violin, a genuine Brazil wood bow, D’Addario Prelude strings, a professional case, a mini-amp, an instrument cable, headphones, rosin, and a polishing cloth.
- Plug into a standard 3.5mm headphone jack so you can practice in silence without disturbing anyone around you. A 9-volt battery is included, so you don’t have to plug into an amp in order to practice.
- Enjoy easy to use control sliders for the tone and volume, which gives you total control over the sound quality as you play.
- The Brazil wood bow had genuine Mongolian horse hair, which gives you a full, smooth tone while you play.
- This is an attractive electric violin that looks as good as it sounds, with pearl accents to make it really stand out on stage.
- Although guaranteed to be strung and tune, this electric violin does not always come with the strings fully wound, and it may need to be tuned.
- Check the package as soon as it arrives, because there have been occasions where not all of the promised accessories were included.
- Make sure that the proper patch cord is included. Some have been known to not fit into the output on the amp.
Whether you are a beginner or taking to the stage as a professional, the Bunnel EDGE electric violin is going to be perfect for your needs. It is ready to play right out of the box, and comes with everything you need to practice in silence or amp it up.
Compare These Electric Violin Models:
Even if you’re just starting your first violin lessons, it doesn’t mean that you have to use a traditional violin. In fact, an electric violin is ideal for beginners, because no one can hear you practicing and learning. You can plug it into an amp when you are ready to perform. Any of the above electric violins will be suitable for you while you are learning, and it is going to be great when you are ready to perform as well.